In my last post I wrote about steam cleaning and its effectiveness in killing bed bugs. You can read the whole post here, but the main point is that, used properly, steam cleaning will get rid of bed bugs. I can see only one problem with doing the job yourself; choosing the right steam cleaner.
My last post set out what you should look for in a steam cleaner if you want to get rid of your bed bugs, and if you are looking to purchase a steam cleaner, I suggest you read it. But, if you haven’t the time to go trawling through specifications and reviews, read ahead – I’ve done the hard work for you!
MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System
This is my choice for the best steam cleaner for getting rid of bed bugs, as well as sanitizing your home. Why? Here’s my review.
- Dry Steam – a dry vapour system means that your house will suffer less risk of mold growth after you use the cleaner.
- Super heated – the temperature at the tip is over 210 F, the temperature needed to kill all stages of the bed bug life cycle.
- Accessories – the cleaning system includes a variety of tools, most important of which for bed bug eradication is a large brush head – small nozzles are not recommended, they simply blow the bed bugs about.
- Steam Pressure – 3.5 bar, a blast of targeted steam.
- Large water tank – the tank capacity is 1.6 litres, so no need to stop to fill up.
- Steam time – the Primo allows for up to an hour of steaming – great for killing off bed bugs (adults and larvae need at least 15 minutes of continuous steaming).
- Versatile – when not killing bed bugs, the steamer can be used for removing stains, odours and dirt from fabric and upholstery, leather, ceramics, stone, linoleum and metal. Kills dust mites too.
- Chemical free – like all steamers, the system uses only water, so no harmful effects on the environment or your health.
- Award Winning – Consumer Digest Magazine made the Primo their top pick for 2012.
- Lifetime Warranty
The majority of people who left reviews of the Primo gave it five out of five; its average score was 4 out of 5. They were impressed by the way it cleaned, its versatility and the length of time it was able to keep producing steam. A few people mentioned that it was good value for money. Although only one person mentioned dust mites she reported that the Primo had had a positive effect on her daughter’s mattress, easy her coughing.
Complaints about the Primo involved attachments that broke and a lack of steam. One of these complainants later amended their complaint as they had found the button to produce steam!
There’s no doubt that steam cleaning does kill bed bugs – read our last post to find out how to do it effectively, then order your MR-100 Primo and get busy de-bugging!